Followers


Sunday 29 January 2012

Reminiscing May 2004

Ok...you're all going to think I am totally mad and I probably am but here goes...It was such a beautiful sunny morning in May 2004 that I decided to take a stroll along the embankment near where I live and the thought popped into my head
"I wonder what it is like to be a River" so I asked it and the river told me
" I am all powerful ~ the giver of life I travel far through all terrain, I have the power to knock down empire's ~ yet I am gentle and eager to dance with nature ~ I am a never ending journey ~ the peace and calm thats within but can be full of turbulence and emotions that man cannot understand...when will he listen and be at peace"


I thanked the river for sharing it's thoughts with me and promised to return to her soon.

An update...Well I have been back to the river quite a few times since then, the last time being just a couple of weeks ago, it was a bright sunny 'quiet' week day afternoon, I was feeling rather down and needed to be as close to water as I could be...so off I went with hubby for a walk along the rivers side, we were greeted by ducks & swans, one of which seemed to want to walk with us, well who am I to tell a swan that he/she can't do that ~ it just sooooo very strange having a swan following you as you walk...anyway eventually we went past a huge flock of swans and decided to rest and just watch the world pass us by, ~ much to my amazement, the swan that had been walking with us just came and laid beside my hubby and drifted off to sleep, I have never experienced this before, but it was wonderful.


We stayed for a while until my spirits had been lifted ~ then returned home

No comments: